13 Unexpected Remote Jobs
If you can't convince your boss to let you work remotely, perhaps consider making a switch to a remote job. Here are 13 to start thinking about.
The remote jobs continues to boom - Millennials consider flexible work arrangements a top priority in overall job satisfaction.
For those looking to achieve work-life balance and overall satisfaction, telecommuting may be a step in the right direction. One survey found that telecommuters are 87% more likely to love their jobs compared to those in a traditional office setting.
If you can't convince your boss to let you work remotely, perhaps consider making a switch to a job that offers telecommuting. Remote jobs allow greater flexibility and freedom in your schedule, allowing more opportunities to achieve balance in one's life.
Brie Reynolds, Senior Career Specialist at FlexJobs and Remote.co recommends people consider these thirteen remote jobs they might not have thought about before. These jobs are and are often hiring and are either entirely remote, or offer the option to telecommute part-time.
- Salary: $45,157 - $155,032
- General job description: Creative directors are responsible for directing creative campaigns for media, managing creative assets, and maintaining resources.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Design Director, Digital Director, Artistic Director
- Salary: $36,509 - $71,556
- General job description: Analyze financial statements and credit data to determine the level of risk involved in lending money.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Payroll Analyst, Senior Consultant, Collections Specialist
Speech Language Pathologist
- Salary: $48,487 - $101,652
- General job description: Speech language pathologists work with children and adults in assessing, diagnosing, and treating social or cognitive communication and swallowing disorders.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Speech Therapist, TeleTherapist, Speech and Language Pathologist
Client Services Director
- Salary: $49,519 - $139,536
- General job description: In these roles, client services directors provide strategy and leadership to support sales efforts, support clients, and handle client escalations.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Director of Client Engagement, Strategic Client Director, Client Operations Director
- Salary: $35,339 - $68,615
- General job description: Marketing specialists are responsible for researching marketing trends on local, regional, or national levels. Conducting market research and creating marketing campaigns.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Communications Specialist, Account Executive, Social Media Specialist
Clinical Trial Manager
- Salary: $64,618 - $131,366
- General job description: Managers of clinical trials perform planning, implementation, and management activities for clinical research trials including operational planning and activities related to scientific study conduct.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Clinical Project Manager, Senior Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Team Manager
- Salary: $90,000 – $120,000
- General job description: Business analysts help to direct business products and strategy through data analytics, consulting with executive management, and presenting the optimal direction for business initiatives and investments.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Financial Analyst, Project Manager, Data Analyst, Business Process Analyst
- Salary: $54,891 - $106,818
- General job description: Electrical engineers are responsible for developing plans, managing various project duties, evaluating customer requirements, making recommendations, and monitoring performance.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Electrical Project Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer
Equipment Fleet Director
- Salary: $90,774 – $134,764
- General job description: Equipment fleet directors, in transportation related organizations, are responsible for providing strategic leadership. They oversee the development of equipment programs. Which includes needs assessment, cost-effective maintenance, and advising executives on the direction of the equipment program.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Technical Services Manager, Operations Director
Nonprofit Development Director
- Salary: $40,001 - $99,072
- General job description: In nonprofit organizations, development directors work to offer strategy and oversight for donor accounts, program performance, campaign management, and fund development strategies, including securing new grants and researching funding prospects.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Fundraising Director, Program Director, Regional Development Director
- Salary: $26,553 - $117,825
- General job description: There are surveyors in a variety of industries (construction, insurance, healthcare, engineering) the above pay range and exact job description varies from industry to industry.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Accreditation Advisor, Geologist, Loss Control Surveyor
- Salary: $140,000 – $155,000
- General job description: A medical director works with medical facilities and medical education organizations to be in charge of strategic development and oversight for a specific department or area of medicine.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Assistant Medical Director, Medical Affairs Manager, Clinical Development Director
- Salary: $49,135 - $106,581
- General job description: Statisticians develop statistical analysis plans and help companies make sense of quantitative data in order to determine trends and make predictions.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Data Analyst, Senior Data Scientist, Biostatistician