Coliving spaces, community, and perks designed for remote workers and creatives.
© 2024 Outsite Co. All rights reserved.
Yes. Ask your House Manager for details on mailing anything to Outsite.
In order for our Members and Guests to feel truly comfortable, we're introducing the following measures to ensure the safety of everyone staying at Outsite.
- We encourage all Outsite guests to be fully vaccinated on arrival. If vaccination is not possible for a guest, we encourage PCR tests and/or lateral flow tests before arrival.
-We operate contactless check-in.
- All Spaces are cleaned professionally.
- Hygiene consumables will be provided to Guests, including antibacterial hand soap and tissues.
- Extra cleaning supplies are provided in-house.
- We've removed high frequency touch points, including our arrival guides. This information can be found in your check-in email.
- Visitors are not currently permitted inside the Spaces.
- We are only hosting activities in selected spaces, and constantly reviewing the best practices for hosting events. We will continue to host online events.
- Fast COVID Management Strategies, if there are any cases detected in one of our Guests.
- We encourage longer term bookings to allow for less turnover inside the Spaces.
- Mandatory online pre-screening for all new Guests.
We're also requesting all Guests use the following guidelines in our Spaces.
- Wash hands regularly and thoroughly, especially on leaving and entering the space.
- Ventilate the Space by regularly opening windows to allow fresh air to flow through.
- Only wash utensils using the dishwasher.
- Use your own linens inside the bathrooms, including hand towels.
- Wipe down surfaces before and after use with disinfectant.
- When washing kitchen towels or bath towels, wash on a hot cycle (140°F+)
- Visitors are not currently permitted inside the Spaces. You may socialize outside if abiding by social distancing measures.
- When collecting deliveries, dispose of external packaging as soon as possible.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing/coughing. When using tissues, dispose of them immediately.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth as much as possible.
If you’re concerned that you may have been in contact with COVID-19, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local community manager immediately.
Our current cancellation policy still stands. An extenuating circumstance credit rewards voucher may be considered for guests who test positive for COVID-19 and notify us in advance. For more information please contact email@example.com.
You can also check out our resource list for Travel Advice across all Outsite Locations.
If you're exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay, including coughing, fever, or related respiratory issues, or have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local community manager immediately.
In the unfortunate case scenario that a guest tested positive during their stay, it would be up to the local healthcare provider to decide whether the guest needs to stay in a healthcare facility or not depending on the recommended treatment. If they approve of the guest leaving the healthcare facility and the guest does not want or cannot stay in any alternative accommodation, then the guest can stay for the duration of their stay while following the recommended COVID-19 isolation & safety guidelines.
At this time all other guests would be immediately notified of the situation and highly encouraged to get tested as soon as possible. Outsite reserves the right to terminate and/or refuse services to any guest who does not follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
We strongly encourage that guests staying with Outsite are fully vaccinated a minimum of 7 days before their arrival, in-line with recommendations from the CDC and European Commission.
This is in order to keep our spaces safe for guests, the local community and Outsite employees.
We request that guests take calls in their rooms, or in on-site coworking spaces where applicable.
All of our locations feature the same universal Outsite Rental Rules. Please make sure to review your check-in instructions as each location also has specific rules and guidelines.
1. Check-In and Check-Out
We do not allow early check-ins or late check-outs.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Respect the Space.
Do not use shoes in carpeted areas or furniture, do not move or add furniture or equipment without authorization, and do not hang any items from walls or ceilings. Please report any damages to the Community Manager.
3. Be Mindful.
You're staying in a space with shared common areas, and there is no daily housekeeping. Keep shared areas clean and tidy, ready for the next person.
4. No Unregistered Guests or Visitors.
All Guests need to be registered before arriving. Here’s how to add a Guest onto your booking.
5. No Smoking or Vaping.
Smoking and/or vaping are not permitted at Outsite Spaces. Instead, we suggest you make the most of the neighborhood, and take a stroll to smoke.
6. Up after 10PM? Keep it Quiet.
No noise after 10PM, including collateral noise from the kitchen, laundry or bathroom. Please use earphones if you’re up late. Violation of this rule may result in immediate eviction.
7. Stay Safe.
Please close and lock all doors and windows on your way out and at night. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Community Manager. For emergencies, call the local emergency services immediately.
8. Keep Our Planet Clean.
Turn off lights, A/C, heating and appliances when not in use, and make sure to use the recycling bins provided.
9. No Pets.
Animals are not permitted inside the Space without prior authorization. Contact email@example.com for more information.
10. Find a Safe Space to Park.
Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines and towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
11. Waste and Recycling.
All full garbage bags must be placed in the corresponding garbage and/or recycling bins.
12. No Fires on the Property.
The burning of candles, incense, sage or palo santo is not permitted on the property. Burning or setting material alight on the property is prohibited.
13. Accidents and Injuries
Our locations are close to cliffs, surf beaches, and diverse wildlife - occasionally, these places can present hazards.
Cliff faces can be unstable, please beware of falling rocks or debris when in the vicinity. If you’re choosing to swim at surf beaches, beware of rip tides, and only enter the water if a lifeguard is present. When walking close to shallow water, you might find yourself in the company of a stingray or scorpion - watch your footing, and stay back when you see them.